Barking Dogs

What to Do About Barking Dogs

If you are having a problem with your neighbor's dog barking, please discuss the situation with your neighbor first. If you do not get results by talking with your neighbor, and you feel the noise is loud, persistent, and habitual, contact the Parker Police Department at 303.841.9800.

A Community Services Officer or a Police Officer can issue your neighbor a warning for violating the Town's noisy animal prohibited section (Chapter 9.03.040) of the Town's Municipal Code.

If the situation continues, your neighbor may be issued a municipal summons. If a municipal summons is issued, the person who witnessed the violation and made the complaint will be required to appear in court to testify against the defendant.

It is helpful for complainants to bring evidence such as date- and time-stamped video documentation of the violation (filmed from the complainant's property), or have other area residents act as witnesses. If found guilty, the dog owner could face fines of up to $499 per violation.

Noisy Dogs Prohibited

It is unlawful for any owner or keeper of any dog to permit such dog, by loud and persistent habitual barking, howling, or yelping, to disturb any person or neighborhood, and the same is declared to be a public nuisance.