Chief Tsurapas is pleased to announce the promotion of Commander Ron Combs as the new Deputy Chief of Police for the Parker Police Department beginning Saturday, July 25.
Deputy Chief Combs has been a member of the Parker Police Department since February of 1987. He began his career as a Parker Police Officer after graduating from Metropolitan State College with a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice and Criminology. Combs served as a Patrol Officer, working all shifts and assignments until he was promoted to the rank of Patrol Sergeant in 1992, serving as a shift supervisor. In 1995, he was transferred to the Investigations Division and served as a Detective Sergeant until being promoted to Detective Lieutenant in 2000. In 2002, he was promoted to the rank of Captain, where he commanded the newly created Investigations and Support Services Division, which included Investigations, Communications, Records, Victim Services, and Property and Evidence. Combs also commanded the Patrol Division while in his role as a Captain. In 2016, the department was reorganized to include the rank of Commander, replacing the Captain and Lieutenant ranks. Ron most recently served as a Patrol Commander. During his long career, he has served in many roles and has overseen almost all department operations. Some of Deputy Chief Comb’s career highlights include:
* FBI National Academy
* Northwestern University School of Police Staff and Command
* Police Executive Research Forum Senior Institute for Police
* FBI Law Enforcement Executive Development Program
* Team Coordinator for the 18th Judicial District Critical Incident Team
* Program Manager for Design and Construction of the current police station
* Past President of the Douglas County 911 Authority
* Project Manager for numerous technology, radio, and facility projects
Congratulation Deputy Chief Combs!